ABOUT GABRIEL POLONSKY STUDIO:
WHAT WE DO:
Gabriel Polonsky Studio (GPS) is an Emmy nominated multi-media production company founded in 1992. We
specialize in the design and full production of state-of-the-art 2D
animation, stop-motion, mixed media, clay animation, live action and
digital effects. We work with clients from creative development through
final delivery, to always find the best strategy to bring their vision
to life. GPS creates award winning, uniquely styled TV commercials,
network ID’s, series opens, web animation and non-broadcast projects.
We work with ad agencies, design and production houses and directly
with companies creating unique spots, campaigns and branding
identities. GPS also welcomes co-production opportunities.
Our complete production services include:
- Concept, scripting and creative development
- Character design and development
- Storyboards, design and art direction
- Full animation, mixed-media and live action production
- Complete editing, post-production and audio design.
Our complete creative support services for print, advertising and branding identities include:
- Illustration in any medium or style including traditional, digital, realistic, cartoon and caricature.
- Creative consulting
- Art direction and graphic design
- Sculpture, models and specialized prop fabrication
HOW WE DO IT:
- Our 2D animation is
created in just about any style including: Traditional hand drawn
digital color and compositing using Animo© software, After
Effects, Flash and 3D using Maya.
- Our stop-motion, mixed media and clay animation
is fabricated in our fully equipped shop and then
shoot on film or digitally with motion control as needed.
- Our unique live action
includes creative development & design, scripting, full production
of top industry professionals, audio design and full
WHAT GABRIEL POLONSKY DOES:
Gabriel Polonsky began his career in animation at Olive Jar Animation, Boston. He founded GPS in
1992 and the EMMY nominated Creative Director of the studio. He
designs, directs, produces and all projects along with crews of the
industries most talented top professionals. In addition to running the
studio, Gabriel Polonsky freelances as a sought after Director, Designer, Producer, Creative Consultant and Character Designer. He is also a nationally published, award-winning Illustrator, Cartoonist, Caricaturist, Storyboard Artist and Sculptor.
WHO WE DO IT FOR (selected list of projects):
- Subway Fast Foods
- Filene’s Basement, Talbots and Marshalls Stores
- The FDA
- Polar Beverages
On-air network ID’s and promos for:
- Nickelodeon, Sci-Fi Channel, Discovery Channel, Cartoon Network and USA Network
Feature film & national TV animation character design for:
- Drew Barrymore and Ben Stiller for the Miramax film, "Duplex" for Noodlesoup Productions, NY
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch for NBC TV
Animated main titles for national TV series:
- "Peter, Paul and Mary" for PBS
- “American Plumber” for Discover Channel
- "Woof! It's a Dog's life with Uncle Matty" for PBS
Long format, web and non-broadcast projects:
- Videos of the "Dilbert" comic strip
- Promotional videos of OralB Toothbrushes for Gillette
Gabriel Polonsky as an independent freelance Director, Designer, Producer, Animator:
- Olive Jar Animation, Boston, MA
- Wreckless Abandon Studios, East Granby, CT
- ZAnimation, St. Louis, MO
Gabriel Polonsky as Illustrator, character designer, cartoonist, caricaturist and sculptor:
- Editorial illustration and caricatures for The Boston Globe
- Clay animation sculpture of Barbara Walters for WABC-TV, NY
- ESL textbook illustration for Prentice Hall Publishing, NJ
- National EMMY Award
nomination, "Outstanding Achievement, Main Title Design" for animated
series open, "Woof! It's a Dog's Life"
- Silver BDA Award for "Sci-Fi Channel" on-air network promo
- 3D Illustrators Award for Nickelodeon network ID
- Telly Award for PBS show open, "Relax! You Only Live Once"
GABRIEL POLONSKY BIOGRAPHY
Mr. Polonsky age 2, animating a tricycle for his first stop-motion film
Mr. Polonsky, present Day.
Polonsky was born in Boston, MA. He began drawing, animating,
filmmaking, illustrating, painting and sculpting as a little kid. He
drew constantly, getting kicked out of class often for drawing
insulting caricatures of teachers on his desk in permanent marker. His
early influences include; R. Crumb, Leonardo DaVinci, Don Martin,
Escher, Tex Avery, Michelangelo and David Levine.
winning-independent childhood films and fine art were shown worldwide,
including; The New England Home Grown Film Festival, WCVB-TV, WNET in
New York and the U.N. Educational organization in Moscow, USSR. He is
featured in “Artful Scribbles” By Howard Gardner Phd., a book about
gifted child artists.
Polonsky began his TV career at age 20
working for Century III Teleproductions, Boston as: Art Director,
Storyboard Artist, Prop Fabricator, Grip and Gaffer. He also began
working as a nationally published, freelance Illustrator, Caricaturist and Cartoonist for The Boston Globe.
then began his animation career working for Olive Jar Animation, Boston
as: Co-Director, Head Animator, Art Director, Technical Director,
Fabricator and Sculptor for national clay and stop motion TV spots.
In 1992 Polonsky left Olive Jar and founded Gabriel Polonsky Studio, serving as Director, Producer and Designer which he still does currently.
also adjunct Instructor of advanced animation and drawing at the Art
Institute of Boston at Lesley College, The Center for Digital Imaging
Arts at Boston University and The New England Institute of Art. He
continues to enjoy animating drawing and creating from his studio in